Krystel: Une Canadienne a Londres

Mon sejour a Londres, en Angleterre, ou je travaille comme stagiaire parlementaire pour quatre mois.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Reading Week Has Arrived!

Reading week has finally arrived and I am supposed to have a week off school. This is not really the case, because I have four essays due in March and a ton of readings to do before the exam period starts! I learned today that my exam period starts at 9:00 am on April 10th and finishes at 10:00 pm on April 27th. I am taking six classes instead of the usual five this semester, and the immense workload is starting to dawn upon me!

My mom and my sister Emily are gone to the Dominican Republic for a week of mother-daughter bonding (Mom and I did the same already -yikes!- three years ago when I graduated from high school: we had an awesome trip and rented a convertible red mustang to enjoy the wonders of the Canadian Rockies). I will post some pictures from their trip when they come back!

In order to both relax and get some school work done, I decided to come to Kingston for the week. Ivan is staying in Kingston for four months, for a coop term as a Research Assistant at the Royal Military College.

This is Ivan's house in Kingston. You can see the window to his bedroom at the top, on the right.


On Sunday, Ivan, Jocelyne and I went skating on the canal right before Ivan and I headed to Kingston. Unlike last week, the conditions on the canal were anything but good: bumbs, cracks, holes, more bumbs...

Jo and I near Lansdown Park

Jocelyne and I taking our skates off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home